Tahoe’s Bear Break-in Experts
Founded in Tahoe City, CA in 2009, Bear Busters is Lake Tahoe’s premier provider of bear deterrent solutions for residents dealing with bear break-ins. Our proprietary systems are designed to keep your home protected, your family safe and our bears wild. We were one of the first companies in the Truckee-Tahoe area to utilize electric fencing technology and we are constantly improving our systems with aesthetics and functionality as our top priority. We’ve protected over 1,000 homes around the Lake with amazing success.
We proudly service the following neighborhoods: Truckee, Martis, Squaw, Alpine, Tahoe City, Homewood, Tahoma, Carnelian Bay, Tahoe Vista, Kings Beach, South Lake Tahoe, Meyers, & more.
Bear Busters In The Press…
06/25/12: Tahoe Daily Tribune (South Lake) – Meet Your Merchant: Protect your home den with Lake Tahoe Bear Busters
Meet The Team
Ryan Welch was born in Visalia, CA and moved to North Lake Tahoe in 2002.
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Matt joined the Bear Busters family in 2015. He’s in charge of our South Lake Tahoe operations.
- E: email@example.com
Zephyr is the oldest member of our team, in dog years. He’s adapted his fur to mimic that of a black bear to keep our job sites secure.
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Riley is young, but has learned the trade quickly. He’ll likely take over the company in the next few years.
- E: email@example.com
Why choose us?
Bear Busters was founded by Ryan Welch in the summer of 2009 while working for a local hot tub service company. After witnessing several bear break-ins in the Truckee-Tahoe community, he devised a way to solve the problem with electric fencing technology used by ranchers to control their livestock. Since that first installation, bear break-ins have steadily risen around the Lake and Bear Busters has maintained its excellence with innovative designs and top quality customer service.
Every home presents its own unique set of challenges, which is why we begin each job with a free consultation to determine your needs and come up with the best, most cost effective solution possible. First we’ll perform a comprehensive property inspection to identify all available access points. Next we’ll come up with a customized strategy to permanently protect your home. Finally, we’ll provide an estimate for your system and schedule a date for the installation.
We take great pride in our work. That’s why we guarantee our materials and craftsmanship for the life of our systems. In addition to our best-in-class warranty, we also perform annual maintenance check-ups on our systems for a small fee.
We are your one stop shop for all your bear deterrent needs. We specialize in:
- Custom electric fence installations
- Equipment rentals
- Bear box installations
- Emergency clean-up and board-up after bear break-ins
More about us
We’re friendly, hardworking Tahoe residents who are passionate about finding innovative ways to solve bear problems. When we’re not protecting our neighbors’ homes from nosy bears, we can be found skiing, snowboarding, snowmobiling, hiking, or mountain biking somewhere in the Sierra Nevada.
We protect anything and everything bears try to access for food. Doors, windows, garages, decks, storage areas, crawl spaces, chicken coops, beehives, dumpsters… we can handle it all!
We love solving problems. Bear issues continue to worsen as our communities creep further and further into their natural habitat. The result is expensive and frustrating to everyone involved, including the bears. Our goal is simple – to keep bears wild and humans safe by preventing bears from accessing human sources of food.
Our primary focus was North Lake Tahoe and Truckee for the first few years but break-ins have been on the rise in recent years and we’ve responded by expanding our operations to South Lake Tahoe. We’re currently exploring ways to bring our services to other communities across the country that are experiencing similar issues and we are more than happy to design systems and sell products any where in the country.
What our clients say about us
- I cant thank you enough for what you have been doing. The proactive, instead of reactive approach is what we need. I'll call you tomorrow to introduce myself and touch base. Thanks again, it really matters and I just wanted you to know that.Mike R - Truckee, CA
- Your Products Are Great, You Guys Are Teaching And Saving A Lot Of Bears From Getting Killed!!!Pat W - Lake Tahoe, CA
- I can not thank Ryan enough for coming to my rescue after a bear got into my garage Friday night. After working all day, Ryan stopped by my house at 6pm to assess my situation and take necessary precautions if the bear were to return again the that evening. The root of my problem was the lock on my roll-up garage door was not working properly. Ryan fixed my garage door so it would lock. Is that in his job description? He also took the time to walk around my property and seek out problem spots. He boarded up a few sketch areas and laid an electric mat in front of garage. Last night, I was able to sleep easy knowing we had done everything we could to not allow bear access to food and deter away from my house. Ryan shared alot of helpful tips and his customer service was top notch! Thank you Ryan for going above and beyond for me! You rock!Sue W - Tahoe Donner, CA
- Ryan rocks! Just bought a house in October and have lived in Tahoe for years dealing with trashed houses from bears... As soon as I bought my own house I talked to Ryan and have not had a problem since! He has a great system I rely on whenever I'm out of town or away from the house! Call him for a consultation as soon as you can!Chris H - Tahoe City, CA
- Legit, dependable, quality work that gets results. Thank you.Randall L - South Lake Tahoe, CA
- I have been so impressed with Ryan and Bear Busters. We have had a few bear break ins over the years. We spoke with another installer and we're less than impressed with their lack of professionalism. A friend of our's referred us to Ryan. From the very beginning I knew we were dealing with someone very knowledgeable and professional. I was so impressed with the quality of install. He was very thorough in explaining and setting proper expectations. The quality of his work was impeccable. I was pleasantly surprised. Since then install, we had him come out and check to ensure everything was working and he was very happy to do that. Lastly, just recently we installed new windows that caused an issue with the system. He came right out and fixed it for us. I am so impressed and highly recommend his services.Ken S - San Francisco, CA