The Bear Break-In Experts
Bear Busters was founded in Tahoe City, CA in 2009. We are Lake Tahoe’s #1 provider of bear deterrent solutions for residents dealing with bear break-ins. Our proprietary systems are designed to keep your home protected, your family safe and our bears wild. We were one of the first companies in the Truckee-Tahoe area to utilize electric fencing technology and we are constantly improving our systems with aesthetics and functionality as our top priority. We’ve protected over 1,000 homes around the Lake with amazing success.
We proudly service the following neighborhoods:
Truckee, Tahoe Donner, Donner Summit, Martis Camp, Lahontan, Squaw Valley, Alpine Meadows, Tahoe City, Homewood, Tahoma, Meeks Bay, Rubicon Bay, Carnelian Bay, Tahoe Vista, Kings Beach, South Lake Tahoe, Meyers, Camp Richardson, Echo Summit, Stateline, Kirkwood, Mammoth Lakes, June Lake, Bishop, Lee Vining, Bridgeport & beyond!
Why choose Bear Busters?
Bear Busters was founded by Ryan Welch in the summer of 2009 while working for a local hot tub service company. After witnessing several bear break-ins in the Truckee-Tahoe community, he devised a way to solve the problem with electric fences used by ranchers to control their livestock. Since that first installation, bear break-ins have steadily risen around Lake Tahoe and Bear Busters has maintained its excellence with innovative designs and top quality customer service.
Every home presents its own unique set of challenges, which is why we begin each job with a free consultation to determine your needs and come up with the best, most cost effective solution possible. First we’ll perform a comprehensive property inspection to identify all available access points. Next we’ll come up with a customized strategy to permanently protect your home. Finally, we’ll provide an estimate for your system and schedule a date for the installation.
We take pride in our work. That’s why we guarantee our materials and craftsmanship with a 2 year, no-questions-asked warranty for any broken components. In addition to our best-in-class warranty, we also perform annual maintenance check-ups on our systems for a small fee.
More about Bear Busters
We’re friendly, hardworking Tahoe residents who are passionate about finding innovative ways to solve bear problems. When we’re not protecting our neighbors’ homes from nosy bears, we can be found skiing, snowboarding, snowmobiling, hiking, or mountain biking somewhere in the Sierra Nevada.
We protect anything and everything bears try to access for food. Doors, windows, garages, decks, storage areas, crawl spaces, chicken coops, beehives, dumpsters… we can handle it all!
We love solving problems. Bear issues continue to worsen as our communities creep further and further into their natural habitat. The result is expensive and frustrating to everyone involved, including the bears. Our goal is simple – to keep bears wild and humans safe by preventing bears from accessing human sources of food.
Our primary focus was North Lake Tahoe and Truckee for the first few years but break-ins have been on the rise in recent years and we’ve responded by expanding our operations to South Lake Tahoe, Mammoth Lakes, and June Lake. We’re currently exploring ways to bring our services to other communities across the country that are experiencing similar issues and we are more than happy to design systems and sell products anywhere in the country.
Bear Busters In The Press…
Meet The Team
Ryan Welch was born in Visalia, CA and moved to Lake Tahoe in 2001. He’s in charge of Truckee, North Lake Tahoe, and South Lake Tahoe.
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Matt joined the Bear Busters family in 2015. He’s in charge of the Eastern Sierra, including Mammoth Lakes and June Lake.
- E: email@example.com
Zephyr is the oldest member of our team, in dog years. He’s adapted his fur to mimic that of a black bear to keep our job sites secure.
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Riley is young, but has learned the trade quickly. He’ll likely take over the company in the next few years.
- E: email@example.com
What our clients say about us
- I cant thank you enough for what you have been doing. The proactive, instead of reactive approach is what we need. I'll call you tomorrow to introduce myself and touch base. Thanks again, it really matters and I just wanted you to know that.Mike R - Truckee, CA
- Legit, dependable, quality work that gets results. Thank you.Randall L - South Lake Tahoe, CA
- I have been so impressed with Ryan and Bear Busters. We have had a few bear break ins over the years. We spoke with another installer and we're less than impressed with their lack of professionalism. A friend of our's referred us to Ryan. From the very beginning I knew we were dealing with someone very knowledgeable and professional. I was so impressed with the quality of install. He was very thorough in explaining and setting proper expectations. The quality of his work was impeccable. I was pleasantly surprised. Since then install, we had him come out and check to ensure everything was working and he was very happy to do that. Lastly, just recently we installed new windows that caused an issue with the system. He came right out and fixed it for us. I am so impressed and highly recommend his services.Ken S - San Francisco, CA
- I can't say enough about Ryan and his company Bear Busters. My house in Alpine Meadows Lake Tahoe was famous for all the bear break ins. I had tried everything to keep them out of my home. We tried Pine Sol, lights on, TV on, zero food, no garbage, clean garbage disposal, gosh the list could go on! It wasn't until Ryan contacted me thru a mutual contact that my house was finally protected! Ryan was professional and a true gem when it came to follow thru and follow up. I have not had any break ins since Ryan came to our rescue! I highly recommend consulting with Ryan at Bear Busters. Don't wait!Corrine A - Kentfield, CA
- After our cabin was broken into for the second time by bears, it was clear we needed to do something new to protect our home. Ryan was recommended to us and we have been very impressed with Bear Busters quick response to our situation. While we live in the Bay Area and didn't get a chance to meet with Ryan, he provided us with a fast estimate along with a lot of supportive information about adding electric fencing to our Tahoe home. We have spent several thousand dollars handling repairs to storm doors and shutters along with a door and a window destroyed by our two bear visits. Ryan offered a very reasonable solution that we do believe will lead to the end of our unwanted visitors without harming them. Thank you Ryan for being so responsive and quick to make sure our property was secured with your installed system.Jean B - Daly City, CA
- Ryan of Bear Busters did an amazing bear protection job for our Alpine Meadows home. We panicked one February morning when we saw fresh bear tracks behind our house for the third time in fresh winter powder. We were packing up to go back to San Francisco and knew it was only a matter of time before the bear in our neighborhood would try to break into our home. Our previous home was broken into twice and we wanted to make sure it didn't happen to this new house. I had heard of Ryan through a mutual friend in Alpine Meadows who did an amazing job for him. I immediately contacted Ryan via email and all was arranged without meeting each other. He surveyed our home and suggested a few options. When we drove back up to Tahoe we saw he had done a clean, professional, high quality and long lasting job for us. The fence was minimal, noninvasive and easily dismantled if we needed to take it all down for a family gathering or house party. Ryan then made an extra trip back to our house to meet with us and to explain the fence in detail. My husband and I strongly recommend him to anyone who has bear protection issues. His materials and workmanship are far better than any others I have seen.Marina & Bill M - Alpine Meadows, CA